In my last blog post I shared lots of ideas on what to do on busy weekdays or when the weather is less than appealing. But 30 Days Wild wouldn’t be complete without forays into the wild outdoors beyond our doorsteps! That’s what I love most about 30 Days Wild, that extra motivation to visit new places, see new species, and take on new adventures, however big or small. So for the days when the sun shines and we have a couple hours or more free, I’ve come up with another 20 or so ideas so we’ll never be stuck for what to do next!
Here’s 23 ideas for outdoor adventures:
- Go geocaching
- Relax in the grass and look up at the sky and be inspired by the clouds
- Have a picnic with a wild view
- Go birdwatching in a hide
- Volunteer with a conservation organisation or group, check out your local Wildlife Trust opportunities
- Climb or hug a tree or record an ancient tree with the Ancient Tree Hunt
- Record flora and fauna you see on recording apps such as the Great British Bee Count, Birdtrack or Mammal Tracker
- Go on the lookout for stunning summer visitors such as swifts, swallows and house martins
- Go to a nature-inspired event such as a badger watch or guided bird walk
- Feed ducks or garden birds with healthy treats (bread is bad for them)
- Find and explore a new wild place you didn’t know existed, for example try your local cemetery or closest green patch on Google maps
- Plant wildflower seeds
- Go stargazing on a clear night
- Try some nature photography, a phone camera will do
- Walk in a wood
- Visit a nature reserve
- Kayak on a wild river, we invested in inflatable kayaks which are perfect for spontaneous river trips anywhere
- Roll down a hill, embrace your inner playfulness!
- Walk barefoot in the grass
- Swim in the wild, be it sea or river
- Help the planet by picking up litter
- Walk a dog, and appreciate the natural world all around through their eyes
- Touch tree bark, smell flowers, stroke leaves, rescue insects and listen to the birds
Check out my ideas for busy and rainy days here. Once June begins I’ll be blogging all about my adventures for 30 Days Wild, follow me (click Follow on sidebar to the right >), like my page on Facebook or Twitter, or add me on BlogLovin’ to hear about what me and Alex get up to! I also plan to Instagram every Random Act of Wildness I do. You should also check out my fellow 30 Days Wild bloggers.
Do you have any other exciting plans for your 30 Days Wild? I can’t wait to see what everyone gets up to!